Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wintercocoon

It's saterday evening and I'm at home. Cozy, enjoying the warmth because it's so cold outside. And a lazy saterdaynight after a whole day of work can be just the thing I need. So when I'm in my lazy, comforting moment I make it a really warm nest for myself or my friends who are having their lazy, comforting moment at my place :)

So how do I make my home a cocoon for everyone? First: give us some heat! Sometimes not that easy because one person is more chilly than the other....And of course you boost it a little bit with candles!!!! All spreaded over the area that has to be cozy up. So when you have a party and you have smokers you also put some candles outside. That's the most important part I think. All the rest is grading this atmosphere up to ultimate relaxation. You can also call it heaven :)

My upgrades are often the same. Good music is important, but I can also enjoy just a good moment of silence. Just relax that brain by giving it some silence. No more impulses to process, mmmm... And while my mind is relaxing by doing nothing I destress by cooking or eating a lovely dish. But I don't like take-away so I have to cook. But the idea of the end result while I'm cooking is making me often so happy that I really destress. What is good food for me? Euhm duck in an orange-soya sauce marinade and noodles with cherry tomatoes, ognion, carrot and pepper with orange juice. Mmmm... Or a ratatouille with couscous. Or a baguette with frushetta and mozarella. Basic but oh so good. And if you have company: cheese fondue with bread and a good glass of wine. Basic but delicious. And cozy for everyone because you can do it while sitting on the floor in front of the heating ^^ double fun!
Or you trade the music or company in for a date with a good book or just reading some pulp in women's magazines. 

What do you do to make it cozy in your home? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment