Thursday, November 14, 2013

Discovering: Brussels! - Les Marolles & Sobieski

Monday was a day off because it was a holiday. Normally it's nothing special for me because I never work on Monday. But this one my boyfriend was at home too and that's fun! So because he lives in Brussels he showed me some places I didn't know yet.

First we went to 'Les Marolles'. It's one of the oldest areas of Brussels. The people from that area are known ass 'Les Marolliens'. What can you find overthere? A second hand market at 'Place du Jeu du balle' or 'Vossenplein' and the design and antique shops in the main streets 'Rue Haute' and 'Rue Blaes'
It was lovely. There's so much to see, the atmosphere is great and now in autumn you can eat roasted chestnuts. Love them! And when you hear the music of the accordeon (there are always some people playing) you travel back to the old times ^^ Just amazing!

Afterwards we went to a little hided park, called 'Parc de 'Sobieski'. You also have 'Jardin du Fleuriste' who is just next to it. Let's say it's a bit of paradise. Now everything is 'sleeping' (read: no flowers at all!) but I'm so sure itrs beautiful at the end of spring-begin of summer. So little note in my agenda 'Check park 'Sobieski in flowertime'. With a picknick of course. Can't wait to see it again. Infact you have 2 parts. One is very open and symmetrical with a lot fowers. The other part is a bit of a fairy tale forest. I jusssed the fairies..t mi..

No comments:

Post a Comment