Sunday, December 15, 2013

X-mass: cozy and deco

15th of December, almost Christmas. For some people a nice moment with family, for others a family-obligation. For a few of us we spend it with friends or just alone. But the most important part is that you have a nice time.

I will spend Christmas eve with some friends. Christmasday in my bed I hope, or maybe do a Christmas market with a nice gluwhein to heat up. But ok, the title was 'Cozy & Deco' so let's talk about that.
First of all. I'm not the one with the kitschy decoration. So I'm happy with a tree and a lot of candles in the room. No singing santa, no laughing or yodeling moose and certainly NO Christmas music. Maybe one or two songs on the entire day but that's it. Just keep it nice and calm. Zen. No fake snow or stickers on the window. No glitters everywhere, only on the decoration in the tree. Oh just one must: the lights in the trees need to be 'warm-light' (yellow, no white).

Sometimes I can see into other people their house when the shutters or curtains are still open and I sometimes think 'Oh my God, there's a new club?!' because they put blinking multicolored lights. And I just hate that! It's so ugly, not cozy and not relaxing. But if you like that, ok. Or people who put an entire population of mooses and santa's in their gardens with 10.000th lights.... Are they crazy? Horrible! What about the 'less-is-more'-slogan? Or is does it just count for your weight?
But I admit. You have sometimes those houses with small lights on the outside to highlight the roof-gutter are nice. So to clear it up for those who don't really got it. This is a no-go for me:


Link for this and other crazy houses: http://www.hdwallpapersinn.com/christmas-lights-on-houses.html

But ok, decoration is about taste and you don't discuss taste I suppose? Someone with a bad taste also has a taste, even if it's a bad one... Or something like that.






No comments:

Post a Comment